Future of Media events, produced by Digital Journal Inc., are panel discussions that explore how current trends, technologies, business practices and social media innovation affect both the media industry and its audience. At this year’s event the focus will go beyond just media and look at marketing and advertising as well.
Joining Quao on this panel: Jonathan Perelman, Vice President of Agency Strategy and Development for BuzzFeed; Josh Sternberg, reporter at digital media news outlet Digiday; and Steve Ladurantaye, media reporter at the Globe & Mail. The discussion will be moderated by Digital Journal editor-in-chief David Silverberg.
The Future of Media event will take place Thursday, March 14, 2013 at Toronto’s Drake Hotel Underground (1150 Queen Street West) at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. and admission is free and open to the public. Note: Seating is limited so it will be first-come, first-served. Previous events have hit capacity very quickly so early arrival is highly recommended.
Future of Media discussions are must-see events for anyone interested in the rapidly changing landscape of media, the Web and digital technology. The March 14 event will focus particularly on a trend the digital media world is clamoring to talk about: brands as publishers.
What should Thursday’s audience expect? The discussion will look at these questions, among others:
• What is the role of branded content (aka brand journalism or content marketing) in media?
• How will branded content play a role in the future of media for both brands and media companies?
• What do brands need to know as they make the transition into becoming publishers?
• Should media companies and brands invest in branded content, and what are the pros and cons?
• Does sponsored content create an unholy alliance between brands and media companies?
• What role does everyone play in the branded content industry?
• How will agencies, marketers, journalists, brands and media companies collaborate and compete?
The event will feature a live panel discussion followed by a Q&A session. Future of Media will be covered live on Twitter via the hashtag #FOM2013 and questions will be taken via Facebook and Twitter to pose to panelists.
Latest posts by Chris Hogg (see all)
- /newsrooms launches TechPORTFOLIO to cover economic value of startup ecosystems - May 16, 2016
- The Enterprise Augmented Reality Revolution Will be Live on Social Media - February 10, 2016
- Oculus Rift and the Future of Content Marketing - April 14, 2015